As your little one is learning to use her pincer grip (thumb and index finger), she will love trying to pick up all sorts of tiny objects, including leftover crumbs off the floor!
Sticker peeling is a great activity to help her to refine this grip.
For this activity, you will need:
- Big stickers or masking tape with faces drawn on
- Place a sticker on your little one’s hands, palms, fingers or toes. Let her peel the sticker off.
- Some sensitive babies may dislike the feeling of the sticker on their skin. If this is the case with your little one, rather stick the sticker on her clothes.
- Use big stickers at first and leave one corner of the sticker up to assist your clever baby while she is still learning how to peel them off.
- If you do not have stickers, make your own using masking tape and decorating with different coloured dots or drawings (to make it more visually appealing).
- As you place the sticker, name the part of her body for her. Hearing the name and feeling the touch on a particular body part at the same time will help her to consolidate this information